National Fitness Day is the perfect day to honor your physical fitness health. You can do lots of things that help you stay healthy. But the very best thing you can do for yourself is to get active on a regular basis.
When Is National Fitness Day?
National Fitness day is the first Saturday in May.
- May 7, 2022
- May 6th, 2023
- May 4th, 2024
A Brief History of National Fitness Day
There is not much information about National Fitness Day. If you google it , there are multiple dates for this holiday.
According to the National Day Archives, it is listed as the first Saturday in May. So that is what we are going with at National Day Ideas.
Interesting Thoughts About Fitness
- There are about 600 muscles in the human body.
- Gaining muscle is a slow process. It can take about three to four weeks to see a visible change
- Though you’re balancing your body weight on your arms and toes, most of the work in a plank is done by your core.
- Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility.
- The first organized marathon was held in Athens at the 1896 Olympics, the start of the Games’ modern era.
- The current world record “raw” bench press (without a bench shirt) is 350kg / 770 lbs set by Julius Maddox Of Owensboro, Ky, USA in March 2020.
- Research on depression and anxiety shows that exercise and other physical activity can help improve mood, reduce anxiety and improve other health problems. 
Why should I celebrate National Fitness Day?
One of the most important things we can do in life is to take care of ourselves physically. Celebrating today is a way to honor that in your life.
If you have children, it will show them that you value fitness in a fun way.
You can also encourage your friends and family who might need a little nudge to become more physically fit.
Ways you can have fun celebrating
- Take a new class at your gym or local YMCA
- Create a new playlist for your fitness routine
- Ask a friend to go on a walk with you
Other Ways to Celebrate this holiday
- Consider giving to a fitness focused charity
- Send a card or handwritten thank you note to your favorite fitness instructor
- Purchase some new fitness gear
Is there a physical fitness month?
May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
How does fitness help social life?
If you attend group classes, you can easily make friends who have the same values and goal that you do. You can also invite your friends to work out with you, which is a healthy way to support good habits for both you and your friends.
How do you celebrate after a workout?
The best way to celebrate after a workout is to continue along with healthy habits. Have a healthy snack or go to your local juice bar and have some green juice.
You can also keep track of your fitness activiites to see how you have improved. Improvement itself is a great way to celebrate.
If you reach a huge goal, have a splurge. No one would blame you if you treat yourself!