April 13th is National Make Lunch Count Day!
National Make Lunch Count Day is celebrated on the third Friday of April each year, and it is a day to encourage people to take a break from work and enjoy their lunch.
The day is dedicated to promoting a healthy work-life balance and to remind people of the importance of taking a break during the day to recharge and refresh. It is a day to celebrate the power of a good lunch break and to inspire people to make the most of their midday break.
A Brief History of MLCD
National Make Lunch Count Day was first observed in 2016 by the Saladworks restaurant chain in the United States.
The day was created to encourage people to take a break from work and to enjoy a healthy lunch. Since then, it has become a popular day celebrated by people all over the world.
The day is especially important in today’s fast-paced work culture, where people often work long hours and neglect their lunch breaks. This day is a great reminder of the importance of taking a break during the day and of the benefits of enjoying a healthy lunch.
Celebrating National Make Lunch Count Day
There are many ways to celebrate! Here are a few ideas:
- Take a break from work and enjoy a healthy lunch.
- Whether you pack a lunch from home or visit a local restaurant, make sure to take some time to relax and recharge.
- Organize a lunchtime social event.
- You can plan a picnic with friends, a potluck lunch with coworkers, or a lunchtime workout session.
- Use your lunch break to pursue a hobby.
- Whether you enjoy reading, drawing, or playing a musical instrument, use your lunch break as an opportunity to indulge in your favorite activity.
- Volunteer during your lunch break.
- You can use your lunch break to volunteer at a local charity or community organization.
- Disconnect from technology during lunch.
- Turn off your phone and computer and enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet.
National Make Lunch Count Day is a day to celebrate the importance of taking a break during the day and enjoying a healthy lunch. It is a reminder that taking care of ourselves is essential to our overall well-being, productivity, and happiness.
Whether you’re a busy professional, a student, or a stay-at-home parent, taking a break during the day can make a big difference in your life. Use National Make Lunch Count Day as an opportunity to celebrate the power of a good lunch break and to inspire others to do the same.