When is National Chocolate Custard Day? You’ve come to the right place!
Chocolate and custard must be two of the most heavenly tastes ever combined. Join us to find out this delicious duo’s day of recognition.
When is National Chocolate Custard Day?
National Chocolate Custard Day is celebrated on May 3rd.
Why celebrate it?
Do we really need a reason to celebrate chocolate? Absolutely not, but today give you full permission to do so and to do so without guilt!
If you love chocolate and you love custard, today is a really, really great day.
Celebrating this day will show your loved ones, friends and/or co-workers how much you love chocolate custard and share with them this lovely dessert!
3 Simple Facts about Chocolate Custard
- Chocolate custard is make with milk or cream and eggs yolks.
- Chocolate custard can be used to make a tart or to fill pastries such as eclairs and popovers.
- Depending on the ingredients you choose, Chocolate Custard (1 serving) contains 20g total carbs, 20g net carbs, 6g fat, 2.2g protein, and 141 calories.
A Very Brief History
Ancient Romans were the first to discover the binding properties of eggs. (thanks guys!) The custard we make and use today was perfected some time around the Middle Ages.
European cooks introduced this delicious dessert to the Americans who readily embraced it.
Though custard was used in a variety of savory dishes, we mostly use it in desserts today.
Simple Ways to Celebrate this decadent dessert
- Bake (or buy) a chocolate custard tart and share it with your family.
- Take a friend to lunch and treat them to chocolate custard for dessert!
- Share this post and tag your chocolate custard lover friends and family so you can bond over your love of this delicious dessert!
National Chocolate Custard Day FAQs
What is the difference between chocolate custard and chocolate pudding?
Both custards and puddings begin with a base of sweetened cream or milk. The main difference is the ingredient used as a thickening agent. Eggs are an essential ingredient in custard, as they give the dessert its gelatinous texture. Instead of egg proteins, flour or cornstarch are thickeners in puddings.MasterClass
What are the ingredients in chocolate custard?
- Egg yolks
- Milk or Cream
Is it just used for sweet desserts?
Pretty much. Chocolate Custard is a delicious dessert, but there is nothing to say that if you are super creative, you can develop a savory recipe using Chocolate Custard.
Is it difficult to make chocolate custard?
Chocolate custard is not difficult to make actually. The most important part of making it is being very present. Watching the egg yolks thicken is the most important part and does require constant attention
You definitely cannot rush the process or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs and lumpy custard!