HOORAY! April 30th is National Pool Opening Day!
It’s a day that marks the beginning of the pool season in the United States. People all across the country can finally open their pools after a long winter and enjoy the warm weather.
I’ve never owned a house with a pool, but I love borrowing other people’s pools. LOL
About National Pool Opening Day
National Pool Opening Day is a fun day because it means that it’s legitimately OK to open your pool. Though if you have a heated pool, you might be opening it early than today. And if you’re in Southwest Georgia, you may never have even actually closed it. haha!
For many people, the pool is a place to relax, exercise, and spend time with family and friends. After a long winter, it provides an opportunity to prepare the pool for the season and to start enjoying all the benefits of relaxing poolside in a lounge chair. Oh and also… swimming.
Our family is a big fan of swimming. Honestly, I’ll say HUGE.
Both of our boys swam competitively in high school. And as I write this, our youngest is killing it in the water. This fall, he’ll be a Virginia Tech H2Okie. He’s a 4 time YMCA Swimming National Champion and is well on his way to being a super star both in college and in the USA. It’s sooooo competitive, so you never know what can or will happen.
But so far, it’s been a really fun ride.
Why is swimming such a great activity?
Swimming is a low-impact exercise that can improve cardiovascular health, build muscle strength, and reduce stress. When you make swimming a part of your every day routine, you can improve your overall health and well-being.
Fun Ways to Celebrate National Pool Opening Day
There are many ways to celebrate National Pool Opening Day. Here are a few ideas:
- Prepare the Pool – The first step is to prepare the pool for the season. This can include removing the pool cover, cleaning the pool, and checking the water chemistry. It’s important to make sure that the pool is safe and clean before jumping in.
- Invite Friends and Family – National Pool Opening Day is a great opportunity to invite friends and family over for a pool party. You can grill some food, play some music, and spend the day swimming and enjoying the sun. This is a great way to kick off the pool season and spend time with loved ones.
- Organize Pool Games – Another way to celebrate National Pool Opening Day is to organize some pool games. This can include games like Marco Polo, pool volleyball, or a cannonball contest. Playing games in the pool is a great way to have fun and stay active.
- Plan a Pool Workout – If you’re looking to incorporate swimming into your fitness routine, National Pool Opening Day is a great time to start. You can plan a pool workout that includes laps, water aerobics, or other water-based exercises. Swimming is a great way to improve your cardiovascular health and build muscle strength.
- Decorate the Pool Area – Finally, you can celebrate by decorating the pool area. You can add some colorful pool floats, string up some lights, or even set up a tiki bar. Adding some decorations can make the pool area feel festive and fun.
National Pool Opening Day is an exciting day that screams “SUMMER IS COMING”! So, let’s kick off the pool season and enjoy all the benefits of swimming on National Pool Opening Day!