April 29th is National Shrimp Scampi Day!
If you love seafood, then you are probably no stranger to the yummy dish, shrimp scampi. This classic Italian-American dish features succulent shrimp cooked in a garlicky, buttery sauce that is both savory and satisfying.
It’s a fabulous opportunity to celebrate this beloved dish and indulge in its rich flavors. Why not have an excuse to enjoy some delicious shrimp today!
A little bit about National Shrimp Scampi Day
As we said above, National Shrimp Scampi Day is celebrated on April 29th. Though we tried to find out, there’s literally zero information on who founded this holiday and/or where it comes from. I’m guessing some Seafood Moguls somewhere?
Why celebrate National Shrimp Scampi Day?
Maybe just because you love it? It’s a great special occasion dish that I know I don’t eat often. So heck yeah. Let’s do it!
Another great reason to celebrate it is because it’s also an opportunity to appreciate the art of cooking. Making shrimp scampi requires a bit of skill and attention to detail. The shrimp must be cooked just right, and the sauce must be perfectly seasoned to bring out the flavors of the dish.
I definitely haven’t perfected the art of cooking the perfect shrimp. But I love trying!
Ideas for Celebrating National Shrimp Scampi Day
There are loads ways to celebrate National Shrimp Scampi Day. Here are some fun ideas:
- Cook Shrimp Scampi at Home
- The best way to celebrate National Shrimp Scampi Day is to cook the dish yourself. There are so many recipes available online that you can use. You can make a traditional shrimp scampi or get creative and try a new variation.
- Go get some Shrimp Scampi at a Restaurant
- If you don’t have time to cook shrimp scampi yourself, you can order it at a local Italian restaurant. Many restaurants offer shrimp scampi as a regular menu item or as a special.
- Host a Shrimp Scampi Dinner Party
- Invite friends and family over for a shrimp scampi dinner party. Cook the dish yourself or ask each guest to bring a different variation of the dish. This is a fun way to try new recipes and enjoy the company of loved ones.
- Pair Shrimp Scampi with Wine – yes please!
- Shrimp scampi pairs well with a variety of wines, such as Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Sauvignon Blanc. Serve a bottle of wine with your shrimp scampi dish to enhance the flavors and make the meal more enjoyable.
- Learn About the History of Shrimp Scampi
- Shrimp scampi has a rich history that is worth learning about. Take some time to research the history of the dish and share what you learn with others.
National Shrimp Scampi Day is a day to this a buttery, garlicky dish of delicious shrimp (and pasta…most definitely pasta).
Whether you cook it yourself or grab some from your favorite restaurant, be sure to celebrate National Shrimp Scampi Day and enjoy this delicious dish with friends and family.